Current Job Openings (Application Below)
We are now hiring an experienced, dependable and creative line cook for a high-volume casual restaurant located in Ludlow, just a mile south of the base of Okemo Mountain.
Applicants should be energetic and have experience working as part of a team of cooks, or alone, depending on anticipated volume and should be able to accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, cook, and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for dinner. Details of the position are listed below.
- Prepares and cooks appetizers, dinners and desserts to order.
- Prepares food in accordance with current applicable federal, state and corporate standards, guidelines and regulations to ensure high-quality food service is provided.
- Has good communication skills and can read food order or receives verbal instructions on food required by patron, and prepares and cooks food according to instructions.
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all times.
- Follows basic recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, cooking, tasting, carving and serving soups, meats, vegetables, desserts and other items.
- Prepares foods by operating a variety of kitchen equipment to measure and mix ingredients, washing, peeling, cutting and shredding fruits and vegetables, and trimming and cutting meat, poultry or fish for culinary use.
- Tastes products, reads menus, estimates food requirements, checks production, and anticipates needs to accurately plan production requirements.
- Must keep clean and sanitized work stations and equipment according to rules and procedures.
- Report all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all safety and risk management policies and procedures.
- Participates in scheduled safety meetings.
- Intermediate to advanced knife skills required.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 3 to 4 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of basic operation of equipment
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendors, supervisors, managers and customers.
- Ability to use a computer.
- Requires familiarity of kitchen equipment.
- Working knowledge of safe and efficient food preparation.
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior while maintaining a positive attitude..
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 6 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may occasionally have functions outdoors under a tent.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Line Cook is primarily in a controlled kitchen environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.